Wilkes Barre General Hospital is in need an RN with a minimum of 1 year experience.
- Current Pennsylvania registered professional nurse license required
- BLS required, must be completed prior to end of orientation period
CHARGE NURSE ROLE: understands role and tasks related to charge nurse including but not limited to delegating tasks appropriately, ensuring nursing staff are following patient treatment plans and providing quality patient care. If nursing staff are not performing his/her jobs accordingly, the charge nurse reports specific details to the Head Nurse
- Collects and communicates data pertinent to the patient's hospitalization, including biophysical, psychological, social, spiritual, nutritional, safety and learning needs, and developmental which are age specific to the patient population.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family essential to the patient's treatment, considering the patient and family's ability to learn and involvement of family/significant others
- Assesses each patient's self care abilities and ADL skills considering the patients developmental and intellectual levels, emotional state, and physical limitations
- Analyzes collected data and formulates; updates and communicates a nursing problem list for each patient.
- Develops, updates and communicates to the patient, as appropriate, and family/significant others, a nursing plan of care, based on collected data, identified nursing problems and age specific.
- Uses psychotherapeutic communication, interviewing, problem solving, crisis intervention and other interventions to assist patients to develop, regain or improve coping abilities, problem solve, deescalate; gain insight, all specific to patient population
- Teaches patients and significant others, at their level of understanding, health information essential to the patient's treatment regimen, considering the patient's and significant others ability to learn.
- Administers somatic therapies, including transcription, and administration of medications specific to developmental age of patient. Administers emergency medical care as needed
- Prepares patients for specialized tests and procedures, provides teaching at level of understanding specific to patient's developmental age
- Maintain collaborative relationships with patients, families, visitors, nursing staff and other hospital employees